[asterisk-users] Setting a threshold for asterisk to take ZAP line off hook ?

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 11:36:01 MST 2006

Hello list

I'm trying to setup asterisk as an answering machine.

How can I set asterisk to Answer() incoming call ONLY after specified
count of ring cycles ?

In the current situation I have the PBX connected to a home line,
where POTS device are also connected on the same circuit. What I'm
trying to do is allow a grace period where a POTS device could be
picked up and those stop the ring indication on the line by this
causing asterisk to not answer the call.

In present situation even if the incoming phone call is taken off hook
by a POST device asterisk still starts playing its incoming call IVR
after the specified(where?) number of seconds.

Thank you.

--
Cheers,
Maxim Vexler