[asterisk-users] billed calls when cellullar phone is unreachable

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 03:47:38 MST 2006

We have a customer routing calls trough a pri (digium board), our system
then terminates the calls in various places (let say we offer LCR).

When we route a call to an unreachable cellular phone we know it cause
we get a particular ${HANGUPCAUSE} so we don't bill that call even if
billsec is > 0 (the duration of the "cellular is unreachable bla bla"
message),  but the customer says their system too records the call as >
0 and their expected behaviour is to have the call recorded as duration
== 0.
(I'm supposing the customer is noticing the cellphones cause of the high
traffic, but probably this happens also with other kind of "service
messages" which aren't to be billed, have to try)

Now, is there some standard (we are in italy) which as to do with AMA
codes / PRI_CAUSE / HANGUPCAUSE whatever that "non asterisk" systems
expects to work right or have I to go trough "try everything comes to
mind until it works" ?

for example setting some PRI_CAUSE on the channel based on the type of
the HANGUPCAUSE I see ?

Why this seems to me a problem of the customer but I'm resolving it ?

that's roughly the extension :

exten => _X.,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:54321/SomeAgiHere?someArgumentsHere)
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLABLE}"="TRUE"]?chkmax:hangup)
exten => _X.,n(chkmax),Set(GROUP()=${TECH_PRE})
exten => _X.,n,GotoIf($[${GROUP_COUNT(${TECH_PRE})} >=
${MAX_CALLS}]?hangup:dial)
exten => _X.,n(dial),Dial(${STR_DIAL})
exten => _X.,n(hangup),Hangup

exten => h,1,Set(CDR(userfield)=${USERFIELD}-${HANGUPCAUSE})