[asterisk-users] billed calls when cellullar phone is unreachable

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbned.nl
Fri Jul 14 04:02:48 MST 2006

> When we route a call to an unreachable cellular phone we know
> it cause
> we get a particular ${HANGUPCAUSE} so we don't bill that call even if
> billsec is > 0 (the duration of the "cellular is unreachable bla bla"
> message),  but the customer says their system too records the
> call as >
> 0 and their expected behaviour is to have the call recorded
> as duration
> == 0.
> (I'm supposing the customer is noticing the cellphones cause
> of the high
> traffic, but probably this happens also with other kind of "service
> messages" which aren't to be billed, have to try)

I would expect these kind of messages to be played without
"answering" the call. IIRC on ISDN this is done using a
FACILITY message with a "start audio" IE included (I'm not
that much into ISDN to be more precise).

On H.323 this is called "early media" and in SIP this would be
signalled using a 186 Session Progress message.

--
Andreas Sikkema                       BBned NV
Software Engineer                Planeetbaan 4