[asterisk-users] Dial plan question

Bill Schaffer snowman at sem-co.com
Fri Jul 14 07:52:23 MST 2006

Chris:

One issue you might find, depending on the SIP phone at 4902, is that
it will show a missed call for the first 15 second attempt.  If 4902
answers in the second 15 second attempt, it will still show a missed
call, when the incoming call was actually answered.  If extension 4903
answers the second attempt, 4902 will show two missed calls when it
really was just one incoming call.  I imagine the CDRs will show
something similar, if you are using them.

(I was trying to test the DND status of an SNOM  phone by hitting it
with a 1 second call.  The missed call logging on the phone made this
approach unacceptable.)

I think a better solution is to use dial macros, and an exmaple can
be found here:

	http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Dial

Look for "Example 3: Dial multiple channels, partially delayed"

-Bill