[asterisk-users] FXS adapters and Polycom phones

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Jul 12 10:39:15 MST 2006

Hi,

I`m looking for a SIP-PSTN adapter, basically to switch a customer from a
cheap PBX to mine, but resuing their own Norstar PSTN phones.  They have 10
phones.  From a price point of view, it seems that 10 individual GrandStream
SIP adapters is the best way to go, but it seems so inelegant to me.

What is recommended ?

Second question: I have a GrandStream GXP-2000, that despite what everybody
says I love.  I am still looking for a replacement, if only because it
doesn`t look as good and it does have a few quirks.  I was looking at
Polycoms, but some questions are unanswered by looking at their datasheet.
- Does the Polycom 501 have an integrated router (like the GXP-2000, latest
firmware, does)
- Can you have more than one SIP/account on the phone, each ringing in a way
that lets the user know which account is ringing? (GXP2000 does it by making
it possible to have each "line" linked to a separate SIP account)

Thank you,

Mike