[asterisk-users] NuFone, please send the log file

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jul 11 17:49:53 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 20:16 -0400, C F wrote:
> I find this hard to believe, half a truth is a whole lie. First you
> just say the screwed you out $3k, not saying how, letting everyone
> assume thru phone service, then you change the story, you lied before,
> how do we know you are saying the truth now?

Elaborating on a story isnt changing it, its providing additional
details.  That is hardly a lie.  The fact that he claims he lost $3000
from nufone did not in anyway change, the fact that you assumed
something then found out that you were wrong in your assumption does not
make him a liar either.

But you get an A for effort.

> In any case it doesnt make sense anyhow, why would you pay $3k for
> just setting up a server, when others here on the list will do it for
> much less. Also they never did the work? just took the money? thats an
> accusation that doesn't make sense.

Just becuase others will do it for less doesnt mean that he didnt opt
for them to do the work.  I dont see that as not making sense, there are
many lawyers out there that charge a premium for their services when you
can get one much cheaper.  Yet the expensive ones still get clients.
The same is true for virtually every industry and even products.  People
will buy name brand foods instead of the white label generics even
though they might be the same.  People buy brand name drugs instead of
the generics (which are identical in chemical composition) yet the
generics are cheaper.  It happens every day in virtually every good and
service.

As for someone taking  the money and not doing the work, that happens
all too often as well.  As such a claim that it doesnt make sense that
someone wanted something for nothing isnt so easily dismissed.

NuFone placed a ton of international calls on behalf of a customer, then
later they tried to not pay for the service that was provided according
to their contract.  Why?  Because the calls were to a destination that
had a high billing rate and NuFone didnt charge enough for the call.
They signed the contract to pay for those services, they billed the
customer for those calls, yet they didnt want to make good on it (jermey
was all too eager to talk about this to forbes and other major
publications too, so its Jermeys claim that they didnt want to pay for
service provided).  As such the "something for nothing" issue is
something NuFone has an admitted history of.

That tends to lend credibility to the claim that they did indeed do
this, although it doesnt prove it, and the 'doesnt make sense' argument
is no better than 'chewbacca'.

Again you get an A for effort.

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!