[asterisk-users] Rate or rank ITSP

Mike Lynchfield theclubvoip at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:20:39 MST 2006

something that you could drill into.. or even search.. hold on mate i got
this..

how about a master LCR system that would generate config for users in terms
of filters..

EX1: filter on qos

would return BEST QOS list of all terminations for providers
like..
provider1=sip/${EXTEN}@blah
etc

514XXXXXXX,1,dial(${provider1})
etc..

but in regards to qos..

filter by rate you would get a conf file listed with all providers rates
being lowest for each country

so basically you would get a config file dpeending on filters..  thing is
you need accounts on all these providers.. so links to the signup on them ?
that would be bad.. imagine keeping a 20$ balance on 100 providers .. ;)

the point is we can't uatomate this i think.. unless we keep this down to
5-6 providers..

On 7/11/06, mike <mike at thundersystems.it> wrote:

> i'll be very interested in that
> it would also be useful that every qos rate comply with some
> deterministic criteria
> also, imho, keep in mind that a qos rating should be given on provider
> +destination country
> because in my experience, qos varies very much depending on which
> destination country you are calling
> that would add a lot of work to the list, which should be heavily
> community driven
> of course a 'resuming' score for each provider would be more readable
>
> someone have experience on determining an 'mean opinion score' value
> with asterisk + some software solution ?
> i've been messing with app_milliwatt but my know-how is scarying empty
>
> .mike
>

> On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 09:40 -0400, Barry Fawthrop wrote:
> > Hi There
> > I know of wiki there is a list of VOIP providers, but is there a list or
> > can we create / suggest one
> > that will list VoIP providers, their location and quality of service ?
> >
> > Too me this will be very valuable, plus looking at some of the requests
> > of late I'm sure others would like that too?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Barry

Mike
Sales Manager