[asterisk-users] Rate or rank ITSP

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jul 11 12:29:01 MST 2006

There is also the issue of origin of the caller.  Not just
geographically, but which network provider they use, and to some degree
when.  Most ISPs see higher traffic volumes when school gets out for the
day (abnout 3pm) continuing for a few hours, then gradually declining
until its later (11pm or so).  As a result, a call made at 10am may have
totally different characteristics from one made at 6pm (when both school
kids and working adults tend to get home).

As such the problem may not be the VoIP provider but with the network of
the person sending the call, or a tertiary provider in between the two.
Therefore I suggest that if such a list is done, people will include who
their provider is, and whether they have had problems in the mornings,
evenings, dead of night, etc.  That way the list can be as fair as
possible to all providers.

And if you can search for providers from your geographic location off
your provider, you can filter out the ones that are known to be bad from
your location and network.

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 21:03 -0400, mike wrote:
> i'll be very interested in that
> it would also be useful that every qos rate comply with some
[snip]

> On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 09:40 -0400, Barry Fawthrop wrote:
> > Hi There
> > I know of wiki there is a list of VOIP providers, but is there a list or
> > can we create / suggest one
> > that will list VoIP providers, their location and quality of service ?

Belfast IE +44 28 9099 6461    DE +49 801 777 555 3402
Utrecht NL +31 306 553058      US WA +1 360 207 0479
US NY +1 516 687 5200          FreeWorldDialup: 635378
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!