[asterisk-users] MFC/R2 country and carrier specific protocol variants

Kanelbullar mao_tse_tungue at yahoo.com.hk
Tue Jul 11 09:49:12 MST 2006

Hi all,

  Those of you who are using or who have used the Unicall channel for MFC/R2 may be familiar with 'protocolvariant' field, in the unicall.conf file. It changes from country to country and even in the same country it may change from carrier to carrier.

  I googled around looking for a list of those protocol variants, but I only found scattered information, given by users who had been using Unicall in a specific country, sometimes without providing the carrier name.

  I have added to the bottom of http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+MFC+R2 the list of protocol variants that I have gathered so far. I would kindly ask those of you who may have successfully used other variants to add them to the list, so that everyone can benefit from that information.

  Many thanks,
  Paulo