[asterisk-users] CallerID

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 9 00:24:17 MST 2006

> I have 2 POTs line coming into Asterisk. We have callerid feature from
> Verizon on one of the lines.
>
> I am not able to track any CallerID coming in, in the log. I am pretty
> green with asterisk, and it's not clear if I have to activate for
> CallerID in the dialplan. The voicemail keeps saying " call from an
> unknown caller " etc.
> Eventually, i would like to pass on the callerID and name to a pager, if
> the call is not picked up, at the extension, after hanging up the call.

Assuming you are trying to use an X100P or Digium TDM analog card,
you'll probably want to start with zapata.conf entries something like this:
context=inbound-home
usecallerid=yes
signalling=fxs_ks
faxdetect=no
callerid=asreceived
echocancel=yes
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=7
txgain=5
channel => 1

The rxgain and txgain values will need to be tweaked to "your" pstn
lines, and the values will be highly dependent upon exactly how far you
are from your Verizon central office. Gains that are to high or to low
can impact how well callerid info is received.

In your extensions.conf, you might want something like this:
[inbound-home]
exten => s,1,NoOp,${CALLERID(all)}
exten => s,2,Dial(${PHONE3}&${PHONE4})

If you start asterisk from the command like (eg, asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvv),
you will see the incoming callerid displayed on the command line because
of the "NoOP" statement shown above.