[asterisk-users] CallerID

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 00:17:22 MST 2006

On 7/9/06, Ryder Brook <ryderbrook09 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have 2 POTs line coming into Asterisk. We have callerid feature from
> Verizon on one of the lines.

What interface are the lines connected to?

> I am not able to track any CallerID coming in, in the log. I am pretty green
> with asterisk, and it's not clear if I have to activate for CallerID in the
> dialplan. The voicemail keeps saying " call from an unknown caller " etc.

For zaptel interface, the configuration is in zapata.conf and
/etc/zaptel.conf. Things like usecallerid=yes are done there. As to
your "greenness", everyone starts there. One suggestion is to read
available books that systematically take you through which config
files do what, such as http://asteriskdocs.org

 Another is to look at the info  in /usr/src/asterisk/doc/ and the
sample config files which theoretically each contain all available
statements for that file.

Eveyone complains that the existing docs are not accurate. Asterisk
being a moving target, you can only hope to get a basic understanding
reading most of these, but it's well worth the trouble.