[asterisk-users] prob with debian and chan_zap

nephish nephish at xit.net
Fri Jul 7 17:43:19 MST 2006

OK, yep, that was a typo. i am using 3.1 (sarge)
i did not use the asterisk or zaptel packages because i tried them
out yesterday. the zaptel package did not have a wctdm driver that
the pdf from digium told me i needed to load, so i re-installed the os
and started fresh with the packages from digium.

here is what i have from dpkg -l udev

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
ii  udev           0.056-3        /dev/ management daemon

ok, i added SUBSYSTEM=="zaptel",    GROUP="dialout"
to /etc/udev/permissions.rules
do i still need to add asterisk to the dialout group before i reboot ?

thanks so much for all the help.
sk