[asterisk-users] prob with debian and chan_zap

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jul 7 18:17:07 MST 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 07:43:19PM -0500, nephish wrote:
> OK, yep, that was a typo. i am using 3.1 (sarge)
> i did not use the asterisk or zaptel packages because i tried them
> out yesterday. the zaptel package did not have a wctdm driver that
> the pdf from digium told me i needed to load, so i re-installed the os
> and started fresh with the packages from digium.
>
> here is what i have from dpkg -l udev

> Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name           Version        Description
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> ii  udev           0.056-3        /dev/ management daemon
>

> ok, i added SUBSYSTEM=="zaptel",    GROUP="dialout"
> to /etc/udev/permissions.rules
> do i still need to add asterisk to the dialout group before i reboot ?

Reboot? Why would you do such a strnage thing?

Well, this was done to allow applications other than Asterisk to use
zaptel (e.g: the package yate). You could naturally change that into:

SUBSYSTEM=="zaptel",    USER="asterisk",  GROUP="dialout"

or even:

SUBSYSTEM=="zaptel",    USER="asterisk"

(both are untested)

Just be aware that you're using non-standard ules and thus it may break
on an upgrade ome time in the future.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406