[asterisk-users] Re: for you guys setting up customer offices...

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Jul 7 10:40:27 MST 2006

Benny Amorsen wrote:

> BC> Everyone's mileage varies, and IMO it doesn't do any of us any
> BC> good for negative opinions to be presented to the public as fact.
> BC> You disclaimed, indeed, but you would have been better off to say
> BC> something like, "Grandstreams have been problematic for me in my
> BC> application space."
>
> Perhaps that would be more diplomatic, but the truth is that
> Grandstreams really are junk. Sound quality is bad both ways,
> tolerance of packet loss and jitter is nil, and the user has to be
> willing to reboot the phone once in a month.

I hate to prolong the argument, but I respectfully disagree.

I've over a dozen of them in the field, most of which are in
light/medium use on a daily basis.  Generally the only reboots they
undergo is when our notoriously flaky rural electric power fails.

I have a business partner who has even more of them than I do, and he is
equally satisfied with their performance in his industrial shop type
application.

The "talking CallerID" function is a majorly good feature, and I keep
one of them in my office just so I'll know who's calling without having
to go look at the phone.

I wish you bashers would lighten up a little bit, and not treat those of
us who are satisfied with phones as if we were too stupid to know what
we can live with.

B.

believed to be clean.