[asterisk-users] Re: for you guys setting up customer offices...

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Fri Jul 7 00:42:18 MST 2006

BC> Everyone's mileage varies, and IMO it doesn't do any of us any
BC> good for negative opinions to be presented to the public as fact.
BC> You disclaimed, indeed, but you would have been better off to say
BC> something like, "Grandstreams have been problematic for me in my
BC> application space."

Perhaps that would be more diplomatic, but the truth is that
Grandstreams really are junk. Sound quality is bad both ways,
tolerance of packet loss and jitter is nil, and the user has to be
willing to reboot the phone once in a month.

They would be ok for home use (if you can teach the users to
reboot them instead of calling support), but home users have lines
with packet loss and jitter.

So far it has been reasonably easy to sort phone models into mostly
good and mostly bad, with only Hitachi WIP-5000 ending up in the
middle.

/Benny