[asterisk-users] mISDN configuration

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 03:19:31 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm not an expert with gsm gateways, but as far as i know at least if
you have NT device for to connect ISDN line to Asterisk, you should
have your asterisk as TE (terminal equipment) and your NT as Network
Terminal.

Did you try to set the your BRI port where you connect your GSM
gateway as a TE port ? I think that might be the problem!

Best regards,
Marco Mouta

On 7/7/06, Andrea Spadaccini <a.spadaccini at mediatechnologies.it> wrote:
> Ciao James,
>
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > I'm trying to set up an Asterisk machine with a quad-port BRI
> > > Junghanns card, and I want to use the mISDN drivers.
> > >
> > > I'm having some trouble configuring it: do I need to use CAPI
> > > drivers? I haven't found good links, could you please provide some
> > > info?
> >
> > At what point are you stuck? There are a few steps to the process:
> >
> > . Set up misdn-init.conf
> > . Configure asterisk/misdn.conf
> > . Configure extensions.conf appropriately
>
> I have checked again my configuration, and I think that I am confused
> about the NT/TE question.
>
> The four ports are configured as NT. The GSM gateway is connected to
> the NT port of the PBX running asterisk. Is it a correct configuration?
> Right now I expect an incoming call to the GSM gateway to be routed by
> Asterisk, but the gateway doesn't even synchronize with the PBX.
>
> What could be my mistake?
> TIA,
>
> --
> Andrea Spadaccini
> Multimedia Technologies Institute s.r.l.

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Marco Mouta