[Asterisk-Users] polycom ip601 attendant console

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Tue Jan 31 07:48:40 MST 2006

> Damon Estep wrote:
>
> >Anyone successfully set up one of the polycom soundpoint ip sidecars
> >with asterisk to monitor and allow transfer to monitored extensions?
> >
> >How does it work? Any issues?
> >

> It works beautifull and not issues.
>
> regards
> Saul

Saul,

Perhaps you could tell us a little more about what you have it set up to
do. Can you monitor 20 extensions (6 on the phone, 14 on the console)?

What about transferring a call to a monitored extension using the
console button?

What does your config look like?

Another user posted that the IP 601 is limited to monitoring 6
extensions, but I wonder if that is just via the web interface and the
config file method of setup allows more?

Thanks. I have not purchased one of these yet and wanted to see if
anyone has had success before buying a brick for $200+

Damon