[Asterisk-Users] polycom ip601 attendant console

Rob McKrill astmaster at geostarcom.com
Tue Jan 31 08:23:48 MST 2006

These were configured with the <MACADDR>-directory.xml and the 6
extension limitation has been verified by several vendors.

Don't get me wrong, they are a nice looking unit, and once the
monitoring of more than 6 people is available they will be a great
replacement for the Snoms.

Right now we can transfer to any of the speed dials on those buttons but
those buttons do not show the state of those extensions when transferring.

To clarify, you can have as many speeddials/extensions assigned as you
have buttons on the expansion modules, but you can only "monitor" or
"watch" six.

Using OEJ's parkhints patch (bug 5779) you can actually monitor the
state of parking spots too, so once this limitation of 6 watched
extensions is changed we'll have a really sweet solution for a
receptionist phone.