[Asterisk-Users] Re: Gain adjustment

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jan 31 16:33:48 MST 2006

> >> is it enough to just reload
> >> >

> >> Need to stop asterisk and restart it. A reload will not take the new
> >> setting
> >> into consideration. There is no need to stop/start the zaptel drivers,
> >> just
> >> asterisk itself.
> >
> > Actually there is a restart in chan_zap of Asterisk 1.2. And zapata.conf
> > is of chan_zap. However I'm not sure exactly how much of those changes
> > do apply on repload.
> >
> Anyone know if the gain can be adjusted on a channel basis?  I have a
> TDM412B card (1-FSX, 2-FXO) and adjusting the gain in zapata.conf affects
> all three.  Is there a different syntax?  This is a problem for my as my FSX
> need no gain and doing so causes problems and my need a gain set to about 15
> else you can't barely hear the caller and VM is worse.

Yes it can, with examples in the asterisk/configs/zapata.conf.sample

Goes like this:

<parameters associated with channel 1>
rxgain=5
txgain=0
channel => 1

<parameters associated with channel 2>
rxgain=4
txgain=0
channel => 2

<parameters associated with channel 3>
rxgain=3
txgain=0
channel => 3

<parameters associated with channel 4>
rxgain=2
txgain=0
channel => 4

Remember, all parameters specified in earlier sections of this file are
used in later sections unless you specifically restate them. So if you
had rxgain=3 for channel => 1 section and didn't restate it in the next
three channel descriptions, the next three would also be at rxgain=3.