[Asterisk-Users] HandyTone 488 ata?

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Tue Jan 31 00:45:33 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 23:46 +0000, Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Has anyone ever gotten that working? I've tried it on every Granstream
> device I've had (budgetone, HT486, GXP-2000) and it's far from reliable on
> any of them. Seems that when dialling an external number, the phone accepts
> the first 3 digits (on a 3-digit extension dialplan), then refuses to accept
> any more digits.

Yeah; it's working great on my GXP-2000s (with the 1.0.1.13 firmware).

I don't remember what exactly was going wrong with it on the Budgetone
and Handytone.  I seem to remember there was some bad interaction with
SIP authentication, and that setting Asterisk to not require the phone
to authenticate itself improved matters a bit.  Maybe older versions of
the GXP-2000 software were broken in the same way; what version do you
have?

p.