[Asterisk-Users] HandyTone 488 ata?

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Mon Jan 30 16:46:59 MST 2006

> The only significant feature that the SPAs seems to be
> missing compared to the HTs is the "Early Dial" thing (where
> it sends each digit to Asterisk until it gets something other
> than a 484 response back).

Has anyone ever gotten that working? I've tried it on every Granstream
device I've had (budgetone, HT486, GXP-2000) and it's far from reliable on
any of them. Seems that when dialling an external number, the phone accepts
the first 3 digits (on a 3-digit extension dialplan), then refuses to accept
any more digits.

Regards,

Chris