[Asterisk-Users] HandyTone 488 ata?

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sun Jan 29 13:23:03 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 13:24 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Seems the spa3k functions pretty well (had a few since they first came
> out), but the echo can on long analog loops leaves some to be desired
> as well. Short loops seem to work just fine.

Thanks for the information.  Sounds encouraging.

The only significant feature that the SPAs seems to be missing compared
to the HTs is the "Early Dial" thing (where it sends each digit to
Asterisk until it gets something other than a 484 response back).
Without that, my users need to either wait for a timeout or dial #,
neither of which is terribly appealing.

However, I haven't ever quite succeeded in making Early Dial work
reliably on the HTs in any case (although it seems to be fine on our
GXP-2000s), so I guess it's not as much of a loss as all that.  And,
well, I guess I can live in hope that Sipura will implement this one
day.

p.