[Asterisk-Users] DID over analog?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Jan 30 11:27:03 MST 2006

One would have to think that fixing the T1 issue is a far better
solution, have you tried asking the questions related to the T1 fax
problems?

Analog DID trunks are problematic at best, and not supported as far as I
have seen in asterisk.

Most reliable DID trunks are 4 wire, not 2 wire. They require a special
DID trunk interface and I have not seen one for asterisk.

While there are 2 wire DID trunks form some telcos, they are a joke.

ISDN BRI (2B+D) is also a viable solution as multiple numbers can be
routed to an ISDN BRI line - call your telco and see if they will do
multiple numbers on ISDN and then look at the capi cards for use with
asterisk like the DIVA series from EICON. I have no personal experience
with them but many others do.

Damon