[Asterisk-Users] 5,000 concurrent calls system rollout question

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 29 07:39:51 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 17:24 +1000, Rob Thomas wrote:
[snip]
> If you do, honestly, need to handle 5k calls, you’d probably have to
> have a bank of Cisco 5850s doing the termination

Or have a look at the Lucent APX8100 box for some added carrier class
humpf. Supports more than 8000 DS0's (channels) and does transcoding in
hardware DSP's so well suited to handle your 5000 concurrent calls and
you don't need a stack of them like with the Cisco 5850.

Weblink:
http://www.lucent.com/products/subcategory/0,,CTID+2013-STID+10443-LOCL
+1,00.html
Datasheet:
http://www.lucent.com/livelink/090094038000eb91_Brochure_datasheet.pdf

Like Rob I'd love to sell this to you but I doubt Lucent would even pick
up the phone to answer my "how to become a VAR" enquiry. Best contact
them directly :)

Regards,
Patrick (no affiliation with Lucent)