[Asterisk-Users] No IN and OUT on ISDN line at the same

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat Jan 28 02:06:45 MST 2006

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Ralf Mueller wrote:
> Hello Armin,
>
> > The card is telling:
> >   > CAPI INFO 0x34a2: No circuit / channel available
> >
> > so the other channel must be in use by something else.
> > Maybe another device on the ISDN line?
> >
> I have tested it several times now and always entered "capi info" before and after the call.
> The answer was always:
>
> Contr1: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.

Okay, that means that Asterisk/chan_capi isn't using a channel at that time.
But it does not know about other programs or even other devices on the ISDN
bus.
When the call is coming in, are you sure you don't try to forward it
to more than one CAPI destinations? For each destination, one channel
is needed, even if the call is not accepted.

> I'm currently alone in the office, no incoming/outgoing faxes, no incoming/outgoing calls.
> Is there a chance for me to figure out who or what is using the other B channel while the call is coming in?

A dchannel trace might show something.

Armin