[Asterisk-Users] Fail over to Pri on VoIP connection failure

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jan 27 14:07:13 MST 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 16:00, Damon Estep wrote:
> In the event that the first attempt DOES NOT RESPOND (is down) there has
> to be a timeout value to go to the next priority, correct? Otherwise the
> channels just sits silent waiting for a response.

That's what the qualify parameter in sip/iax.conf is for.  Never terminate
calls without it.  :-)  It won't *guarantee* that you'll never get dead air,
but it sure goes a long way to ensuring that it happens so infrequently
you'll think you misdialed.

> I think your macro assumes that you got a response from nufone, but what
> if they were dead in the water?

Then qualify would have failed and Dial() would have immediately returned
CHANUNAVAIL.

-A.