[Asterisk-Users] Fail over to Pri on VoIP connection failure

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Fri Jan 27 14:00:50 MST 2006

Andrew,

Thanks for this - I have also been looking for a way to "fail over"
calls to a second SIP path, but;

In the event that the first attempt DOES NOT RESPOND (is down) there has
to be a timeout value to go to the next priority, correct? Otherwise the
channels just sits silent waiting for a response.

I think your macro assumes that you got a response from nufone, but what
if they were dead in the water?

Have I missed something?

Is there a way to modify the relevant SIP timer so if the INVITE is not
ack'd in a specific period of time then the next priority is executed?

Damon

automatically