[Asterisk-Users] Re: Lockups since upgrade 1.2.3 - anyone else? Any ideas?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Jan 27 14:03:57 MST 2006

Hi Brent -

> Boy oh boy. This blows. I upgraded to 1.2.2 from 1.0.9, and of course had
> the timebomb bug. Immediately after upgrading to 1.2.3 we were ok, for 24
> hours or so.
>
> Since upgrading to 1.2.3, though, the whole system has locked up twice. Once
> on Thursday, and then about a half hour ago. The server would reply to a
> ping, but no ssh login, no local console login - just locked up. This ain't
> good for business.

We've been doing fine with 1.2.3 so far.  No problems reported, though I
only have it deployed in a small office.  Definitely no lock-ups.

On the asterisk side, just a basic question - did you make sure to remove
the old modules so the new 1.2.3 versions got installed?

As far as the lockups, maybe it is coincidental?  I've never had asterisk
(even the crazy CVS versions) lock a whole OS like that.  I have had
machines running asterisk lock up, but it always turned out to be caused by
something else like bad hardware, or unrelated network problems.

- Noah