[Asterisk-Users] Re: Lockups since upgrade 1.2.3 - anyone else? Any ideas?

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:20:16 MST 2006

On 1/27/06, Noah Miller <noah at rosecompanies.com> wrote:
> Hi Brent -
>
> > Boy oh boy. This blows. I upgraded to 1.2.2 from 1.0.9, and of course had
> > the timebomb bug. Immediately after upgrading to 1.2.3 we were ok, for 24
> > hours or so.
> >
> > Since upgrading to 1.2.3, though, the whole system has locked up twice. Once
> > on Thursday, and then about a half hour ago. The server would reply to a
> > ping, but no ssh login, no local console login - just locked up. This ain't
> > good for business.
>

> We've been doing fine with 1.2.3 so far.  No problems reported, though I
> only have it deployed in a small office.  Definitely no lock-ups.
>
> On the asterisk side, just a basic question - did you make sure to remove
> the old modules so the new 1.2.3 versions got installed?
>
> As far as the lockups, maybe it is coincidental?  I've never had asterisk
> (even the crazy CVS versions) lock a whole OS like that.  I have had
> machines running asterisk lock up, but it always turned out to be caused by
> something else like bad hardware, or unrelated network problems.
>
> - Noah

I was confused about the modules.

Got this warning when upgrading to 1.2.3 even when using the most
current asterisk-addons and even svn asterisk-addons.

 WARNING WARNING WARNING

 Your Asterisk modules directory, located at
 /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
 contains modules that were not installed by this
 version of Asterisk. Please ensure that these
 modules are compatible with this version before
 attempting to run Asterisk.

   app_addon_sql_mysql.so
   app_rxfax.so
   app_saycountpl.so
   app_striplsd.so
   app_substring.so
   app_txfax.so
   cdr_addon_mysql.so
   chan_modem_aopen.so
   chan_modem_bestdata.so
   chan_modem_i4l.so
   chan_modem.so
   format_mp3.so
   res_config_mysql.so

 WARNING WARNING WARNING

Do not understand how to fix this?  Do not know if that would also be
related to the ops crashing.

Dan