[Asterisk-Users] Re: * point to point t1 solution? / alternatives

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Thu Jan 26 12:28:57 MST 2006

I can appreciate the desire to avoid reconfiguring existing hardware,
but that is part and parcel of what we are discussing: reconfiguring
hardware.  Without further specification, it has no bearing on how to
preserve application behavior, which is what we are trying to accomplish
with this discussion.

I don't wish to second-guess your analysis of the business requirements
- you are the authority - but your initial post expressed a desire to
move toward an Asterisk configuration as one of your goals.  Toward that
end, development of an appropriate dialing plan ultimately must happen,
and I would think if done properly, would not change dialing patterns or
extension numbering unless this is what you desired.

I must agree that fax and modem performance is problematic, but here
again, this would be an issue anyway when you transition completely to
Asterisk, as you implied about your long-term plan.  So perhaps now is
the time to address this matter.

Are you sure you really want to do this at all?

>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:52:04 -0700
>From: "Damon Estep" <damon at suburbanbroadband.net>

what are the application implications of this? In other words, what
system behavioral changes will your users experience in the various
scenarios (pure circuit emulation vs. relay via IAX or similar)?