[Asterisk-Users] fax detect DID variable

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Thu Jan 26 22:22:36 MST 2006

James Armstrong wrote:

> Ok, I got the number called in DNID, but now I need to pass it to the
> IAXModem so Hylafax can use it to route the email. The use CALLID1-4.
> It looks like CALLID 1 & 2 are the caller and CALLID3 is the
> Extension at the time the call is made to the IAXModem extension,
> which is 's'. What variable would I set to pass it to CALLID3?

New in the iaxmodem-0.0.8 FAQ:

Q6: How do I set up my Asterisk dialplan for IAXmodem?

A5: This will vary depending upon what you want, but in many
instances it will be something like this:

  exten => fax,1,Dial(IAX2/ttyIAX/${EXTEN})

If you do not put ${EXTEN} there then IAXmodem will not receive
DID information.

In your case you would use ${DNID} (or whatever you've named it) instead
of ${EXTEN}

If you used the HylaFAX modem config file example that is included with
iaxmodem you will have these entries:

CallIDPattern:          "NMBR="
CallIDPattern:          "NAME="
CallIDPattern:          "ANID="
CallIDPattern:          "NDID="

To make CALLID3 be the NDID simply disable the ANID setting or rearrange
them so that NDID is 3rd on that list.

Lee.