[Asterisk-Users] Re: Random Disconnects

Thczv F. Thczv thczv.thczv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:11:32 MST 2006

On 1/26/06, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, some update on this. It's not related to the Sipuras (actualy the
> sipuras are very good at this, since they will re-ring your call). I
> changed my setup to a mediatrix 1204 and I still have the problem.
> Right now I'm looking at:
> 1. Changing the NIC.
> 2. Changing the machine asterisk is on.
> I will start with one, if that fails, then I'm going with a new
> machine (such fun:P)
>
> BTW, what NIC are you using? what chipset is it? what module makes it
> work? and/or what option in the kernle did you compile that loads it?
> A 'dmesg | grep eth' should give you some info.

I believe the NIC in the asterisk machine is a Netgear FA310TX.  I
really didn't do anything manually as part of the compile.  The
Asterisk at Home CD took care of that for me (though I stripped out
sip.conf and extensions.conf and configured those myself).

Here is what "dmesg | grep eth" returns:

divert: allocating divert_blk for eth0
eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC rev 32 at 0xc48db000, 00:A0:CC:D6:A9:47, IRQ 3.
divert: freeing divert_blk for eth0
divert: allocating divert_blk for eth0
eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC rev 32 at 0xc496f000, 00:A0:CC:D6:A9:47, IRQ 3.
eth0: Setting full-duplex based on MII#1 link partner capability of 45e1.