[Asterisk-Users] SIP and NAT - best practices?

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at virtutel.ca
Sat Jan 21 11:56:35 MST 2006

Thanks Moises.  I was kind of hoping that, at least if I hosted my Asterisk
server somewhere where there was no NAT for the * box that the SIP phones
wouldn't create any issues.

How do you people with Hosted PBX handle the deployment of SIP phones behind
NAT firewalls? Is it just elbow grease and configuring every single phone
for the customer, or is there a way?

Mike

you can redirect the ports of the router as well. Or you can configure
your SIP phone to use a STUN server. Please read in voip-info.org
about SIP NAT, there are good suggestions.

regards