[Asterisk-Users] TE110P + PRI incoming + outgoing extensions question

Dan Sully daniel at electricrain.com
Fri Jan 20 19:28:35 MST 2006

I just got a TE110P up on an XO PRI - everything looks good so far.

We've been given a block of 23 numbers for the PRI. If I explictly set the
incoming extension in extensions.conf like:

exten => 1153,1,Answer

or:

exten => _XXXX,1,Answer

I can get the incoming call. If I try and do:

exten => s,1,Answer

I'll see something like this:

  -- Extension '1153' in context 'default' from 'NNNNNNNNN' does not exist.  Rejecting call on channel 0/1, span 1

Is using the _XXXX method the prefered way of doing this? How am I able to
have one "main" number that customers call into, use multiple channels on the PRI?

A slightly reversed question for outgoing calls - do I assign a group of
channels (in zapata.conf) to available for outgoing calls?

I wasn't able to find much useful information on the Wiki.

If anyone can point me in the right direction..

Thanks

-D
--
<dr.pie> 31336.5: the neighbor of the l33t