[Asterisk-Users] TE110P + PRI incoming + outgoing extensions question

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Jan 21 06:32:26 MST 2006

Dan Sully wrote:
> We've been given a block of 23 numbers for the PRI. If I explictly set
> the
> incoming extension in extensions.conf like:
>
> exten => 1153,1,Answer
>
> or:
>
> exten => _XXXX,1,Answer
>
> I can get the incoming call. If I try and do:
>
> exten => s,1,Answer

Why would an incoming call have a destination of 1153?  My incoming
don't have a destination until the end user selects something from and
IVR or and operator sends them on to an extension.

> A slightly reversed question for outgoing calls - do I assign a group of
> channels (in zapata.conf) to available for outgoing calls?

Yes

> I wasn't able to find much useful information on the Wiki.

You really didn't look that hard then, took me all but 10 seconds doing
a search on zapata.conf

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zapata.conf

And here is a bit from it:

*group*: Allows you to group together a number of channels so that the
Dial <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial>
command will treat the group as a single channel. When Dial tries to
make a call on a Zap group, the Zap channel module will use the first
available (i.e. non-busy) channel in the group for the call. Multiple
group memberships may be specified with commas, and to signify no group
membership, the portion after the equals sign may be omitted. Group
numbers can range from 0 to 31. The default value is an empty string,
i.e. no groups.

   group=1
   group=2,3
   group=