[Asterisk-Users] Why is agents.conf not utilized? (aka: can't find good info on agents and queues for AMP)

Ben Ferguson ben at circlepix.com
Fri Jan 20 16:45:55 MST 2006

For all you AMP users:  Why the heck is there no area in AMP to manage
agents?  I see you can add static agents under the queue settings, but there
is no area to assign dynamic agents.  Is every extension (or user)
considered a dynamic agent?  Is it setup up such that, as default, every
extension is considered a dynamic agent that can log into any queue?  (Yes,
I realize you can add a password to the queue so when the agent logs in they
enter the password...seems a bit much if you ask me.)

My company has had a terrible time utilizing call stats on agents and queues
etc etc and are hoping to get some great stuff out of Asterisk, and I was
hoping AMP could do it for us, but I'm not so sure it's going to be able
to...  We need to track an agents time as best as possible.  For instance:
an agents time logged into a queue, an agents wrap-up time, break-time (for
lunch and other breaks), call time, hold time.  Also need to track an agents
number of calls, number of dropped calls, refused calls, etc etc.  (Also
need to be able to monitor the queues for wait times, number in, number
dropped, number answered, etc etc.)  This seemed possible utilizing
Agentcallbacklogin, and pausequeuememeber/unpausequeuemember among other
commands, but not through AMP...

Has anyone had luck getting this type of thing working utilizing AMP?
Perhaps I should be moving on to a more robust Asterisk manager program...?

Ben Ferguson
CirclePix.com