[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE - best signalling method?

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Fri Jan 13 17:15:30 MST 2006

> I'm wondering if perhaps HDLC signalling is too intolerant of the
> occasional lost packet and whether one of the other signalling types
> would be better. I don't understand the other methods, so I would be
> grateful for any advice from those who have used TDMoE successfully.

I would have thought that if you are losing occasional packets then that
is the problem you should be focusing on... An unsaturated Ethernet
connection should not lose any packets.

I'm not sure that any TDM protocol is going to be particularly happy
about lost packets.

But please enlighten me if you know different!

Thanks

James