[Asterisk-Users] tuning an x100p in Australia for echo cancellation

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Fri Jan 13 17:36:11 MST 2006

I have an x100p which suffers from echo (no surprise there apparantly
:), and a few of the things I've read about tuning out echo say the
first thing to get right is the tx and rx gain, and for that you need a
few different types of test lines from the telco (Telstra, Optus,
whatever). Does anyone have any numbers in Australia for such lines? I
think they just need to send out a tone of a known frequency and power.

Next, while the TDM400 card has control over the line impedence
circuitry, the x100p doesn't. Does anyone know of an addon device which
can do impedence matching on the line, or of a modification to the card
(eg component swapping) which could allow some manual adjustment?

Finally, my echo is really really awful early in the call but then gets
markedly better, which I assume is a result of the echo training done
during the call. Is it possible to grab the echo coefficients after
training and use them as a starting point for next time? Or would this
vary too much between calls?

Thanks

James