[Asterisk-Users] RE: Fax RX and SIP/IAX

Tomislav Parcina tparcina at lama.hr
Fri Jan 13 04:34:32 MST 2006

In article <1591CC66BC72C847A8384D7D43065EEB31D729
@st_server2.solacomm.com>, BCopeland at SolaComm.com says...
> Spandsp & app_rxfax / app_txfax will work over sip and IAX .... Currently in
> use here...
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/app_rxfax+and+app_txfax

Do you know what could be the problem with this one?

Copy of mail that I have send to Steve Underwood.

****

On Fedora Core 4 I have installed * 1.2.1 with zaptel, add-ons and
sounds. On FC4 I have installed libtiff 3.7.1, libtiff-devel, libxml2-
2.6.19 and libxml2-devel.

In /etc/ld.so.conf file I have put line
/usr/local/lib
And in /usr/local/lib I have those files (libspandsp.a, libspandsp.la,
libspandsp.so (softlink), libspandsp.so.0 (softlink) and
libspandsp.so.0.0.1).

I have copied and untar spandsp 0.0.2pre22 in /usr/src/. Than I have
copied app_rxfax.c, app_txfax.c and apps_Makefile.patch in
/usr/src/asterisk/apps/ dir.

I have execute patch file (in attachment) and I didn't get any error on
console.

Then I have make clean; make; make install - reinstall of Asterisk.
Then, then I try to start * I get this on console.

 [cdr_custom.so] => (Customizable Comma Separated Values CDR Backend)
[format_ilbc.so] => (Raw iLBC data)
  == Registered file format iLBC, extension(s) ilbc  [app_curl.so] =>
(Load external URL)
  == Registered custom function CURL
  == Registered application 'Curl'
 [app_txfax.so][root at asterisk82 apps]#

And Asterisk doesn't start. Can you please tell me
1. how to check what is the problem? (my guess is that app_txfax.so
wasn't installed like it should)
2. why did I get this problem? (wrong applied patch? But I didn't get
any error message!)
3. how to solve this?

I really hope that you can help me.

Thank you for your time!