[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Jobs

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sun Jan 8 20:23:10 MST 2006

> I think it would be biggest is in consulting. The people that
> refuse or cant  to pay for call manager or Avaya's one.

That's certainly been our experience over the last 9 months or so we've been
involved with Asterisk. The bigger companies don't seem particularly
interested (or if they are, they have their own staff to handle it), but for
small businesses Asterisk is an excellent alternative to either a
poorly-featured but reasonably low cost PBX or spending a lot of money on a
PBX with a good featureset via a hire-purchase agreement or similar.

Personally, I've also found deploying asterisk servers at clients' sites is
a great way to offer them other ongoing services. Often the * box is the
only Linux box on-site, isn't under much load especially during non-working
hours, so things like backup services can be sold to clients without any
capital purchases on your part.

Regards,

Chris