[Asterisk-Users] PRI problem

Joseph Rothstein jrothstein at comcentrixs.com
Fri Jan 6 12:42:49 MST 2006

We have an Asterisk server with a single Digium E1. Everzthign works as it
should except for one minor issue.

When we place a call to a number that is busy, Asterisk does not seem to
properly send the busy signal back to the SIP phones. There is no indication
on the phone of anything at all, just silence, like the call did not go
through. As you might imagine, this can be quite frustrating. The only
indication is that we see a 403 Forbidden SIP message on softphones.

I would appreciate any ideas of how to solve this issue. I have yet to do
extensive PRI debugging to see what the Telecom provider sends back, so I am
assuming that it correct signaling.

Regards,
Joe