[Asterisk-Users] Problem with show channels

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:22:22 MST 2006

It may seems hard at the beginning, but after a little bit of thinking
it turns to be PHP class of about 100 lines to parse it. I guess is
not good to ask that the output is parsed to be shown to end users in
a fancy web interface. The command line show low level things, like
the application where the channel is. A "call" can be composed of only
1 channel (ie, checking voicemail), 2 channels (what is commonly known
as a call, in reality is a source channel that was bridged with other
channel), and more than 3 channels, like when using meetme(). So
basically you have a source channel and an application. In a common
Dial() the application argument happens to be other channel, so both
channels are bridged. In your interface you can show Source Number
(extracted from the source channel), Status ( taken from the source
channel property status, check channel.c to consult All the possible
status ), and application arguments, that depending on the application
is the way it will be shown to the end user, if its a conference, you
can tell "In conference room Number 33", if its other extension, you
can just say "calling to extension 33".

Regards.

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"