[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation

Erick Baum tealnet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:51:05 MST 2006

Asterisk performs echo cancellation for all incoming and outgoing calls
through the T1/PRI card.  However, there are some things that can still
cause echo's.  We had a similar situation a with a setup much like yours.
We switched to the MG2 echo canceller which helped quite a bit.  But
finally, after testing everything else we possibly could, swapping out PRI
cards, changing every concevable setting related to echo, and having the
phone company out about a dozen times to check the PRI, we ended up
switching companies from Telepacific to Sprint and the echo problem,
according to the users, completely went away.

However, a couple things you may want to look at is the audio gain settings
in your zapata.conf and make sure they're not set too high, maybe even try
dropping them down a bit.  And try the MG2 echo canceller if you haven't
already, it seems to provide the best results on PRI's, at least as far as
our testing has gone.

Erick