[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Tue Jan 3 22:43:37 MST 2006

We currently have about 60 cisco 7940's, which were converted from cisco
call manager to be used for asterisk.  We're running 1.2.1 stable on 4
systems (primary server, backup server, gateway, and voicemail).  The
phone lines come into the gateway on a digium te405p.  The problem we're
having is that the 7940's are echoing on outgoing calls, and I'm not
sure what else to try (I did just recompile zaptel with a different echo
canceler to see if it would help), but I seem to remember asterisk
doesn't do echo cancellation on outgoing calls.  I researched a bit on
qos and latency, but there's maybe a 10ms latency between the phone and
the outgoing line, so I ruled that out pretty quick.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Aaron