[Asterisk-Users] How hard to create Asterisk for Compact Flash?

mustardman29 mustardman29 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:15:08 MST 2006

I am aware of Astlinux and the other embedded Asterisk solutions out there?
Astlinux is nice but the problem is that when I hit a snag and need to
incorporate a patch and what not I cannot do that with Astlinux because I
cannot compile my own version.

How hard is it to create my own version of Linux/Asterisk to run on Compact
Flash.  I have seen 1GB Sandisk CF for as low as $50 recently so small size
is not too critical.  I won't be using AMP or anything like that either.
The most important thing is for it to be read only so the CF is not
constantly being written to so it will last a long time.  Voicemail and
config files will be stored on a second CF that is read/write.