[Asterisk-Users] Conference bridge dimensioning

Jordan Novak jnovak at logisticshealth.com
Tue Feb 28 07:53:53 MST 2006

We are using an Asterisk box to do conferencing right now. I have had
about sixteen active lines in conference and the quality was acceptable.
We now have a need for 50 people to conference at one time. Does anyone
have enough experience doing this to give me some pointers. Will it even
be reasonable to try this? Is the mixing done on the the hardware, I
plan on using a quad span t-1 card from Digium? The server is a fedora
box with a dual core xeon at 2.0 Ghz and 2 gigs of Ram. Is there a rule
of thumb to go by as far as conferencing resources?

Jordan Novak

Communications Technician

Logistics Health Inc.

1319 Saint Andrews Street