[Asterisk-Users] Conference bridge dimensioning

Richard OSS oss_richard at rogers.com
Tue Feb 28 11:08:51 MST 2006

Hi Jordan,

  We are planning on building the same thing. We are still waiting for the hardware. We are using a Dell PE 2850 3GHz with 2G of RAM and a TE210P.

  I asked Digium support if this can suupport 50 users in one conference and the tech support guy said yes.

  Here's also a response from this list
  http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-February/147956.html

  Let's share our experiences.

  Goodluck.

  richard

Jordan Novak <jnovak at logisticshealth.com> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                We are using an Asterisk box to do conferencing right now. I have had about sixteen active lines in conference and the quality was acceptable. We now have a need for 50 people to conference at one time. Does anyone have enough experience doing this to give me some pointers. Will it even be reasonable to try this? Is the mixing done on the the hardware, I plan on using a quad span t-1 card from Digium? The server is a fedora box with a dual core xeon at 2.0 Ghz and 2 gigs of Ram. Is there a rule of thumb to go by as far as conferencing resources?

  Jordan Novak
  Communications Technician
  Logistics Health Inc.
  1319 Saint Andrews Street