[Asterisk-Users] Linksys WIP300 WiFi Phone

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Fri Feb 24 16:19:30 MST 2006

Philip Edelbrock wrote:

> Whoo hoo!  I just received my WIP300 from voipsupply.  I have to let it
> charge before I can play with it.

After it charged and I started using it, I had three crashes.  Once
during a call (exactly 3 minutes into it, according to the frozen
display), and twice while the phone wasn't in use.  When I woke the
phone up it had a blank white display.  To unhang the phone, I removed
the battery.  My settings were lost after two of the crashes (it's
possible that the first crash was before I had any significant settings
and so didn't notice them gone).  With so many settings (multiple wifi
configs, sip configs, email, phone preferences, etc.) it is quite
painful to have to start over.

Are there others who have this phone?  Have you had it crash like this?
  I'm wondering if this is a firmware issue, or if I have a defective
phone. :'(

Phil