[Asterisk-Users] Linksys WIP300 WiFi Phone

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:04:47 MST 2006

On 2/24/06, Philip Edelbrock <phil at netroedge.com> wrote:

> Philip Edelbrock wrote:
> >
> > Whoo hoo!  I just received my WIP300 from voipsupply.  I have to let it
> > charge before I can play with it.
> >

> After it charged and I started using it, I had three crashes.  Once
> during a call (exactly 3 minutes into it, according to the frozen
> display), and twice while the phone wasn't in use.  When I woke the
> phone up it had a blank white display.  To unhang the phone, I removed
> the battery.  My settings were lost after two of the crashes (it's
> possible that the first crash was before I had any significant settings
> and so didn't notice them gone).  With so many settings (multiple wifi
> configs, sip configs, email, phone preferences, etc.) it is quite
> painful to have to start over.
>
> Are there others who have this phone?  Have you had it crash like this?
>  I'm wondering if this is a firmware issue, or if I have a defective
> phone. :'(

 I've just plugged mine back into the charger after having used it
nearly all day. I didn't have any of the problems you've described.
Sorry you're having such bad luck with it. I'm not certain what the
phones are rated to do, but I probably got better than 3 hours talk
time on it today which is definitely the best I've gotten with any of
the WiFi phones up to this point.

 BJ

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.