[Asterisk-Users] Best ATA for general residential deployment??

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Thu Feb 23 07:19:16 MST 2006

Many thanks to everyone for their input.  We have been using sipura 1001
and 2002 units and they work great as a SIP adapter, but something that
can also function as a router would be more useful to us.  Does anyone
have any comments on the Sipura 2100?

What about a battery backup?  Time Warner cable in this area provides a
cable modem + ATA device that includes a sealed lead acid battery
inside.  So in a power failure the customer's phone can still function.
Is anyone aware of an Ethernet to Ethernet router + ATA that also has a
battery backup.  I realize a UPS would do the job, but it's overkill.

Thanks again,
Adam